Here are seven major reasons why you need an intranet:
- Your processes have become chaotic.
- Employees, customers and suppliers are relying upon word of mouth to communicate your objectives.
- Because you have so much going on, you’re running the risk of missing deadlines or becoming non-compliant.
- Without intending to, you have become inordinately dependent upon knowledge held by one or more key employees — whom you realize could leave the organization at any time.
- You have different applications handling documents, calendars, event management, email and personnel matters.
- You realize that you can’t grow beyond your current size while relying so heavily upon sometimes haphazard personal communications, spreadsheets and Word documents tacked to the wall of the lunchroom.
- Your competitors are building intranets and this is likely to give them a competitive advantage over you in head-to-head selections.